Please encourage your students to continue reading over the summer and remind them of Stinson and NISD's online resources for books. Studies have shown that students who do not continue to read over the summer will regress in their reading skills.
You can start by piquing their interest with a few book trailers. Below I've linked to Book Trailers on both the Stinson Library Website and the Library Services website - for quick access!
- Let's Read - The Stinson Library website page dedicated exclusively to helping students find interesting books to read, allow your students time to explore all the links!
- The Lone Star Book List’s YouTube page provides book trailers for current and previous year Lone Star books. YouTube is blocked on campus, but is accessible from your home computer.
- Book Trailers for Readers - Spotlights great books for kids & teens
- Slime Kids Book Trailers - Search for book trailers alphabetically or by Lexile level
- Library Services book trailer links - Look at book trailers by grade level (elementary, middle, or high school) and genre
These books are only available to Stinson faculty & students. Login with your student ID # & 4x4 password. Download the Follett Enlight K-12 app to access on your mobile device. When prompted the FollettShelf URL is: https://wbb43207.follettshelf.com
Watch a short tutorial on OverDrive by clicking here.
For information about getting the OverDrive app on your mobile device or tablet click here.