Help your students read more effectively with annotation and collaboration tools.
Use Google Drive to share documents with your students or have them share documents with each other to collaborate on group projects. You can make students editors, allowing them to change the original document, or just commenters, allowing them to share comments on a document without changing the original structure.
OR use the Diigo Web Collector extension for annotating and saving web articles and sharing them to others instantly.
- Open a new tab
- In address bar, type in: Chrome Web Store
- In store, type: Diigo Web Collector, in search bar
- Look under Extensions for Diigo
- Read more effectively with annotation tools as you browse around the web. Add digital highlighters and sticky notes whether on PC, tablets, or mobile, and have them always be where you left them when you return! Print to mark-up? No longer necessary. Better recall? Proven! Create reports with your annotations? just a few clicks, and no more copy & paste into Word or email.
- Build your personal library in the cloud, with links, pages, notes, pictures etc, never to be lost, and ready to be accessed anywhere. Of course, those digital highlights, sticky notes and screenshots you added while going around the web automatically go into your library.
- Say goodbye to broken links and lost treasures The web is dynamic - valuable content you found earlier is often no longer there when needed. Diigo archives the webpages for the links you save. Better yet, the archived pages are fully searchable. So do not just bookmark, save to Diigo!
- Provide feedback and catch attention with annotation or screenshots Want to draw attention to a particular paragraph to your students? Highlight it and share in your Google classroom. Want to comment on a student’s writing? Use sticky notes for inline commenting. Want to provide feedback on a web design? Capture the page and mark it up.
- Share information as much or as little as you want One advantage of storing information in the cloud is that you can share them easily when you want to. Each piece of information can be set as private or public on Diigo. If you are an extrovert and like to share your passion and showcase who you are, make public as the default! If you are introvert, keep them all private! Want to send a whole collection to someone? just a few clicks away.
- Enable better collaboration on information for any group, large or small. Too little or too much sharing with email? Build a group knowledge repository for your class or your entire department; each group member can add and subscribe to it, and browse and search it. Better yet, group members can interact with on-the-page annotations. So imagine your class are all reading the same Wikipedia article, and commenting and discussing right on the page!